06 October 2008

water works

At 2am this morning K woke me to tell me that her waters had just broken. Fortunately not quite the torrent that she felt that she might get but over a period of time there was certainly "enough to fill your slippers" as the midwife had warned at the last growth scan.

After calling the delivery suite at the hospital we went in to get K checked out.

Everything was fine and dandy and we're now back at home with the contractions rowing in intensity if not frequency or length.

How long we've got until the main show who knows...

5 comments:

Kris said...

Is all very exciting!!!!

rakh1 said...

Boy - I say a boy - there was a duck flying east over a rising sun this morning, that and the way the cat licked its left paw first - definately a boy - I'm certain - it's a sign! But, if it's not a biy then I am shure it'll be a girl....

Al said...

Very excited for you. I hope it all goes well for the three of you.

rakh1 said...

ok ok - the car's gone. Es noticed about 30 mins back - we should have set up a twitter feed. Guess it is all in motion!!! GOOD LUCK GUYS!

Sophie said...

Welcome to the beautiful baby!! Can't wait to meet bean (I don't want to spoil it for anyone that doesn't know)!!